All 11 art Reviews

16-Bit Tired Joe Walk 16-Bit Tired Joe Walk

I absolutely love how fluid the animation is. The position works rather nicely with it as well. As a suggestion, maybe if he's at lower health and near death, he could slowly walk on all fours? It's just an idea. c:

Lost Underground Civilization Lost Underground Civilization

I just adore the amount of detail you put into this image. And what a canvas! I usually have to stick to something rather small so that I get the right shapes, but this is just amazing. You took some pretty good advantage of the size too, giving each object depth and distance. Even the lights in the distance seem to twinkle and glow like the stars, as city lights usually do. from afar, it seems as if almost every single detail is swooping in at you. But by getting a closer view of the image, the brush strokes and other lines are more clearly visible, as well as smaller details.

However, that can also take away from an image. When you put a blurr of strokes in to make them look like an object, they can come together well at a distance. But coming closer and seeing these strokes, it really seems to put disappointment in someone's mind to see that the details aren't really quite so clear. Though it doesn't count off much from this image, it does have a slightly sad effect on the outlines of the humanoid figures among the rocks, making them blend in a tad bit too much. It seems almost as if they're part of the background, whereas the actual background pops out more- you don't quite want to pay attention to the character. Because the background is more prominent, it catches your eye more. The hologram seems to have stronger line art than the characters.

I'm a little bit of a hypocrite about that, as at times my backgrounds have less clear line art than my characters, which works against me.

However, I can't deny this is still a stunning view of a city I never knew. It kind of makes me want to climb through the screen and scrablle ont he rocks to see what's below.

Scottr5680 responds:

Thank you very much for the critique, my friend. I agree and admit I rushed this a bit and so some of the details aren't so good up close. The biodome is sharper because I took that drawing, scaled it down and modified it to what you see here. Anyway, I'm glad you like it.

A gift for Den A gift for Den

The shading on this image and the lighting perspective are breath taking... and her expression seems so timeless. Like a friend, with a knowing glance towards you. As if you've done some mischief that you can both laugh about. The line art and shading for her hair is slightly sketched, but smoothly painted. This fits well with the colors of the image, and how gently they seem to have been painted.

Over all, 5/5. Lovely work :3

Ashes of Babel - Want Some? Ashes of Babel - Want Some?

My first thought when I saw this was "Isn't that expression so cute!"
And then I saw the rest and just couldn't stop grinning~

the image just has the perfect feel with the gentle and smooth flow of the line art, mixed in with the solid colors and the glowing ring in her hair. I love the amount of detail you put into the face, and the small creature that she appears to be snacking on. But the jacket seems to lack the same amount of detail that the face received- although, understandably the expressions are the highlight of the image.

I also notice that in expression five, when she is giving the audience a rather uncertain or reluctant look, her eyes seem to have an older feel. yet in the other expressions, they clearly express her age is more... well, childlike. It's not a bad thing. It's just a little strange for the image.

Lovely work. ^^ keep at it!

DeliciousOrange responds:

Sometimes it's only natural to appear more mature when expressing more complicated emotions. The jacket received less detail because it was not meant to be a focus of the image, it is roughly included as a backdrop for the bird she is holding and as a framing device for her face.

Paris Bound Paris Bound

I'm honestly a huge fan of this line art combination- sketchy, yet smooth and compact. It flows very well with the coloring of the image, and the pallet that you used for it hits all the right places. I only wish you'd done a little more shading on the back drop, or given it a sort of blurred look. But, that doesn't make it any less enjoyable. The solid look for the castle in the distance is just right- but without shading, it lacks the same feel that the detail on the character and the train received.

I also noticed you have a problem I tend to have with hands- when drawing them at a certain angle. If you want the right hand to be holding the bag, then go all the way with that pose! Make their hand grip it, with the knuckle bumps giving you the shape and feel for the fingers of the hand. The pose you have right now is a mixture of a wave and attempting to hold on- and he'll lose his bag if he does that. Keeping his expression and the hand in that upright position, you can have him gripping it and still look like it's waving.

As for the second hand, I run into this problem when trying to get my characters to grip onto something- as seen with my character candy, holding her lollipop above her head like a hammer. But Like I said, using the knuckles for a guideline really helps when you're making a character grip something- or using your own hands for reference. The pose you have for the hand works, but if the hand is just a little lower on the hand rail then it should line up perfectly with the sleeve of the jacket.

And finally, the facial expression. I love how it is, and it's extremely adorable. But as with the hand holding the bag, go all the way with that expression! He's gotta be enjoying the rush of the wind in his face, and the amazing view he's getting from that end of the train!

Lovely work ^^ I definitely wanna see more of this.

KaiTheNeko16 responds:

I'm not sure what to say to this so I'll jus say thanks
That was an amazing response! :) Thanks alot for the advice and support

Shaun Chiplock Shaun Chiplock

Excellent lighting effects! I also love the dynamic character pose, as well as how the background compliments the shading and lighting effects. However, the arm coming in towards the viewer blends in a tad too much with his torso Maybe darken the line art there a little? otherwise, nothing is wrong with it. ((from my point of view))

Nobu67 Nobu67

Lovely shading and coloring style, but what bothered me was the face. XD I mean, with the way the hair and head are pointing, it looks like it should be facing more towards the viewer. Otherwise, great lighting effects.

NeoNero7 responds:

hmmm.... thanks.

Wall Paintings Wall Paintings

Nicely done! The humor seemed fitting XD I mean, we do judge them as less intelligent as ourselves back then. ((and they may have been)) but this was a smart use of logic. Listening to the History channel I found that they would make these drawings to tell a story. Whether or not it really did involve tactics.... a mystery. XD

Audience: I bet they played football back then too!
Me: No I'm pretty sure they didn't know about that back then.... I mean the system of it.
Audience: *holds up a cave drawing of neanderthals playing football*
Me: o.e.... but...no... they didn't have helmits back then....
Audience: *holds up a stone helmit*
Me: COME ON! D8<

Bourdeaux Bourdeaux

Ahahaha XD Interesting picture, and the detail is well done. However, the hands need a tad bit of work. I don't think you can flip someone off and bend your other fingers every which way at the same time.

Audience: *does it*
Me: Oh come on!

But in all seriousness it is a good piece of work. I would also suggest giving her eyes as much expression as her mouth has- shocked. She looks as if she's falling over. XD Also, to match up in proportion with the right breast, just make the left one a tad bit smaller. If you want to keep the eyes as they are, bring the mouth back a bit.

Well done!

Portrait of a lady Portrait of a lady

This portrait is very well done, and the colors blend very well. The background could use a tad bit more.... something to it. XD But in all honesty it would be fitting if this were a portrait hung on a wall. I love that you didn't just put detail in one area like a few artists do; you put your efforts into the entirety of the picture. Nicely done!